4 CD Set - with Dave's Picks 2020 Bonus Disc CD included! 2020 (1974/2020) Grateful Dead Productions, Inc.
/ Rhino (GDP / Rhino) : Limited Edition' Individually-Numbered' CD Set (of # 22000) : The Very-Rare! The Mid-1970's Era Grateful Dead Return-To-Florida! - following the'73 Fall Tour' Curtis Hixon Convention Center' Shows!!
Best-knows as -' Dick's Picks Volume 1'! And, with very fair consideration of both the The Era &' The-Times! And, though still a full-10-years before' Crockett & Tubbs' hit the scene - I'm sure Casey Jones! Was somewhere stage front & center in that " Jai-Alai " Dress Circle...
On Grateful Dead Summer Tour'74!!! Bring back some' Fond' Grateful Dead Memories for me! I mean - let's put it this way... A Decade-after - and almost close to 15-years after - I remember making a close to 2-hour Spur of the Moment!And, this drive was' specifically' to get into the Car - drive 2-hours into the City - just to' Hear' This-Show - On-Tape! As the simple-fact then was - both me & a Dead Tour Buddy could wait' no-longer' to hear the Analog Cassette Soundboard Tape! - of the 1974 Grateful Dead playing...
- not really " Crazy " after-all - and even arguably " Necessary " - since as most all of us well-knew - it (to-date, back then) was the Only-Time' Ever' the Band played Chuck Berry's Let It Rock! And, as it ultimately later turned-out like, we all just thought it might - unless you caught J. Was going to be the Only-Time-Ever! You were going to hear The Dead Rock! And, that was indeed the case at hand.And, that was (obviously) like a Youthful-Love! Thing to do - for any young Deadhead! But, what we really ended up finding-out on that Trip! - ended up being far-more important in the long run. - had just delivered &' introduced' This!
6/23/74 Jai-Alai Fronton - Miami-Show!! Into our Lives & Minds... - Whether Report > China Doll! - and, last but' not-least' - and really...
- and Good Ol' Casey Jones! With, my point here (' easily') being that This! 6/23/74 Jai-Alai Fronton - Miami! " Show is a Grateful Dead 1974 Touring-Year " Top 10!! - no matter how you cut-it!
Garcia's 2nd to Last-Tour with Wolf!! - Weir headed towards some of the' Last-Days' of Gibson!! Pretty much in her' Prime! Carrying the Keys-load with consistent Style & Fashion! Yet still - the supposed word circulated on the street around this time is that the Band is feeling just a bit-weathered here right-during this time & space?And, rightfully weathered in far more ways than just one. But, then again - This! On the Summer'74 Wall Of Sound! My own ears hear literally' little to no-wrong' here at all! The likes of Louisville (6/18)! - U of W Fuskie-U. 74 - " The Last One(s) "!! The simple-fact is - this Dark Star Jam!!
- is literally " 1974 " Live-Dead Improvisational-Playing! That can go head-to-head with-ease! - against many, and really' any' of the 1974 Touring-Year Moments-Of-Magic!!!
- it's pretty much just like - you know - to each, their own - or - pick your poison! Is brewing-up this fresh & special batch of Live-Dead-Magic! - stirring it up, and yeah...Even also handing out the cups!! As I have to say here - I always found it very interesting that when you get " deep-into " those sometimes sticky, yet so-awesome Dead-Circles (Touring, Tape Trading & such) - that 1974 can take a bit of a bad-rap (at times) for the 1st-Half of the 1970's Era - much like the similar (& sometimes exact-same-way) that 1978 can take a bit (more) of a bad-rap (& even more-often) for the 2nd-Half of the 1970's Era. It's just so all really-about' Zeroing-In! " on the nights and/or moments when it is " Truly-On. Because 1974 (and even 1978 - in comparison) are Both!!
Dead-Moments - the ones we all Love! & might even also Live-For! - where it's' The-Music! " - and it's 100% Full-On & " All-Systems! I think there is a real-fair argument here that This!Miami'74 Show at the Jai-Alai! " - 6/23/74 - is maybe even a realistic' contender' for a " Top 100 " Dead Shows' Award' from the " Entire 1970's Era!! And, heck - if you are to go & throw in the 6/22/74 Jai-Alai Fronton Magic-Moments! - and make it some sort of a " Match " head-to-head of " Full-Venue-Runs " against other " Full-Venue-Runs "? - then I think This-One! Is in there' with-ease' - and could maybe even head decently somewhere towards the 75-80 mark! Ahh yes - stuff that I've spent a' ton-of-time' comparing & thinking-about! And, as far as fun-facts go - here indeed is AnOther-One! For you here - on the' Miami' & " Florida " Region thing here - where... Since the Band had a Nice! In the Good Ol' Sunshine-State! As now that 6/23/74 (& parts-of 6/22/74) have been' Let-Loose! - from a (' Pro-Released') " Miami and/or Florida " perspective... (Tampa) kind of started it all Right!
For all of you interested in the essential Florida-Dead! With I guess my question here now being - something like... (12/12 & 12/13) -'80 Alligator Alley!! (11/29) - and, you betcha...Well, hey though - better not' push-my-luck' here sorry not. Here - sorta like Casey Jones! 6/23/1974 - Jai-Alai - Miami!!! - has now in-deed been Set-Free!! And, just have to say too on the topic - kinda? I sure also wouldn't mind hearing a pro-release of 3/24/70!! Live' at Pirate's World!!! - where you just Know! Casey Jones was Rockin' his Backstage Sticky!
- given to him by Jerry! - and actually stuck-on (' firmly') - by Pigpen!! Disc 3 : Around And Around Dark Star Jam > Spanish Jam > U. Blues Uncle John's Band One More Saturday Night Casey Jones Dave's Picks 2020 Bonus Disc CD (Disc 4 / " Bonus Disc CD ") / Jai-Alai Fronton in Miami, Florida (FL) on June 22, 1974 (6/22/1974). Playing In The Band China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider Eyes Of The World > Wharf Rat > Sugar Magnolia Item Condition : This Rare!
Out Of Print (2020 GDP / Rhino release) Grateful Dead Dave's Picks 34 Volume Thirty Four Jai-Alai Fronton - Miami, Florida (FL) - June 23, 1974 + June 22, 1974 (6/23/1974 + 6/22/1974) Limited Edition / Individually Numbered 3-CD Set (of # 22,000) + Grateful Dead Dave's Picks 2020 Bonus Disc CD Jai-Alai Fronton - Miami, Florida (FL) - June 22, 1974 (6/22/1974) Complete! 4-CD Set is in Like New condition - very-close to Brand New overall. The factory sealing shrink wrap has been severed on this 4-CD Set - but the CD Sets (3-CD Set & Bonus Disc CD) have never been removed from inside the shrink wrap - and neither CD Set inside has been played, or even touched. This 4-CD Bonus Disc Set is brand new minus the opened/severed shrink wrap, and has been " Collected-Only " next to other CD Cases in my professional CD rack. Please see all photos provided.Photos included are of the actual item you will receive. Grateful Dead Summer Tour'74!!! This 4-CD " Bonus Disc CD " Set - is the Annual Subscription Only! Including not only the Limited Edition Individually Numbered (of # 22,000) 3-CD Set... But it also includes the " Bonus Disc CD " (1-CD)!
Please Also Note : This Grateful Dead " Dave's Picks " release series has constantly growing in popularity... From 12,000 Limited Edition 3-CD Sets in 2012 - to 13,000 in 2013 - to 14,000 in 2014 - to 16,500 in 2015, 2016 & 2017 - to 18,000 in 2018 - to 20,000 in 2019 - and... To 22,000 in 2020!!
And, this 4-CD " Bonus Disc CD " Set offered here is the Annual Subscription Only! Version - also including the 4th CD! - the " Bonus Disc CD "!! - making this 4-CD Set even Rarer! Than the 3-CD Set' Only' version!!As far-less of the " Bonus Disc CD " 4-CD versions were pre-ordered / issued for " Annual " Subscriptions Only! This item is in the category "Music\CDs". The seller is "springfromnight1989" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.